Thursday, February 28, 2008

Zachary Glenn Wiemer

It's official.... I'm an aunt!! As of 12:25am I am the incredibly PROUD aunt of Zachary Glenn Wiemer who was 8lbs 3.5 oz and 20.25in. I will give just a few details about the birth because this will just be the beginning of many pictures to come of Zach...

We arrived at the hospital at 6am on Wednesday morning (2/27) so that Heather could be induced. After about 3 hours of contractions, Heather decided to get an epidural (although I am so proud of how well she did without it!). From that point on it was waiting. The babies heart rate dropped a few times so eventually they took her off the petozin and found that they contractions were coming on their own. Around 10pm, after 15 hours of labor, the doctor said that it was time to start pushing! So with Dave holding one of Heather's legs and me holding the other, Heather pushed for 2 HOURS!! What a champ!! She was SO tired and couldn't feel her legs (from the epidural) but she kept pushing the whole time. And after 17 hours of labor, Zachary decided to join us!! He had a little banana shaped head at first but that went away after the first day. I cried immediately and I can't explain how much I love him!!

Enjoy some pictures from the birth-day of my wonderful nephew Zachary.....

Me and the future mom


Future Grandma and Mommy (CRAZY!)


Daddy and Mommy!


There he is!! ZACHARY!!!


The proud Daddy holding Zachary for the first time


Grandma admiring Zachary


Holding my first nephew for the first time... AMAZING!!



There are no words to describe the love in these two pictures....







The Wiemer Men


Zach likes to just open one eye... so I have given him the nickname "Popeye"




LOVE!

No comments: