Sunday, March 16, 2008

4!!! (aka. Golfing)

So Dave, my brother-in-law, really wanted to go golfing while I was in California since he hadn't been in a long time. However, my 9 month pregnant sister was clearly unable to go golfing with him and I had never been. Golfing is something I have always wanted to learn and something I felt like I would be pretty good at after playing softball for 10 years. So we decided to go to the driving ranch and hit a few balls. Dave really wanted to go golfing the next day, on Valentine's Day, and for some reason after having picked up my first golf club one hour earlier and having only that hour to practice with my sister teaching me, I decided that I would give it a try and join him. So for Valentine's Day, Dave and I went golfing with my sister along with us as my personal teacher. They told me that I did very well for my first time and I did have a few good hits (and some pretty horrible ones too). But I have to admit I do want to take golf lessons now... and I really really miss softball....
(ps. I know these are out of order.... but I was so excited about Zach being born that I put his pictures up first... sorry if I have confused anyone.....)


Practicing at the driving range




The golf course... it was on top of a hill in Glendale so there were some gorgeous views of LA... as you will see :)



Downtown LA


Griffith Observatory




Heather and Me... she was an excellent teacher... told me every club to use and exactly how to stand... even let me borrow her shoes!


Dave in his cart


No idea if that is the right form... but I just tried to get the club past 120 degrees (Heather had to put it into math terms for me :) )


The two golfers for the day
(Dave wore khakis so I copied him to try and look like a real golfer :) )

No comments: