Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Joining the picket lines....

After crossing the picket lines (with my brother-in-law honking for the strikers as he drove past) to go see "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," we decided it was a good idea that we join in with the strikers to show that we support them. So the next day we went with one of their friends (a writer for "My Name is Earl") and joined with the strikers at Disney Studios. You have to know it is something important to me if I am willing to strike at DISNEY!!! It was a really exciting day actually. All of the writers and actors and industry people there were so happy to have us join them, especially when they found out that me and my sister weren't writers or anything!! We walked for about 3.5 hours and saw a few famous people including: Willy Garson (Sex and the City), Clark Grigg (The New Adventures of Old Christine), Matt Groening (the creator of The Simposons), Phil Rosenthal, (creator of Everybody Loves Raymond), and Michael Hitchcock (Best in Show). Basically, striking was SO MUCH FUN!! They had food and drinks and everyone was so nice. The day we went was the last big striking day and everyone was at Disney so I think that added to the adventure. Two days later the strike ended.... I like to think we had something to do with it :)

Heather and Ozzie with the striking signs


The check-in table and the beginning of our 3-hour shift




The closest I got inside... I so badly just wanted to try and run and see how far I could make it


Sad that I am striking outside of Disney... but it just shows that I am dedicated to the cause


Although I really don't like Snow White this was a pretty cool building... each of the pillars was one of the 7 dwarfs


Some strikers


Ozzie, Heather, and Dave


Willy Garson (most people know him from Sex in the City)


Me, Heather, and Ozzie


I thought this sign was hilarious


The guy all the way on the left in the khaki jacket is Matt Groening... the creator of The Simpsons


A tired striking dog after a long days work.... and he did a very good job wearing the colors and everything!!

No comments: