Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First trip to Cali

My spring semester has taken a little change. In December I completed my course work in Curry and was going to spend my spring in C-ville substituting and enjoying some time with my friends. I was also planning on spending the month of February in California with my sister and brother-in-law. My sister is expecting her first baby at the end of February and since I decided to graduate early I am able to go out there and be with her and see my first nephew be born and help out. However, a few days after Christmas I received a call from my sister asking for my help. My brother-in-law in switching careers from writing to fundraising and he need to take 2 weeks at the end of January to go on interviews. However, that meant leaving an 8-month pregnant woman alone which no one wanted. So she asked me to come out for 10 days and help her out while Dave interviewed in DC. So here are some pictures from my trip out in JANUARY!

My dog nephew Ozzie.... taking a little nap





The weather was gorgeous so we went on many hikes and walks. One was to "Runyon Canyon" in downtown Hollywood. Here are a couple shots of LA from the hike.



Me and my gorgeous sister hiking in "Runyon Canyon"


Another walk that we went on was through a neighborhood in La Canada. Isn't it gorgeous!!! We also had yummy frozen yogurt from this trendy new store called "Pinkberry".... but Archs is still way better!!



Ozzie got very dirty after all of his walks/hikes.... it's BATH TIME!!!





All nice and clean.... and a bit of a fluff ball too :)

No comments: